Can you put comments in SQL?
In SQL, you can comment your code just like any other language. Comments can appear on a single line or span across multiple lines.
How do you add a comment in SQL Server?
Comments can be inserted on a separate line or within a Transact-SQL statement. Multiple-line comments must be indicated by /* and */.
What are SQL comments?
SQL Comments are used to explain the sections of the SQL statements, and used to prevent the statements of SQL. In many programming languages, comments matter a lot. A Microsoft Access database does not support the comments. So, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge use the Microsoft Access database in the examples.
How do I comment in SQL Developer?
- Begin the comment with a slash and an asterisk (/*). Proceed with the text of the comment. This text can span multiple lines. End the comment with an asterisk and a slash (*/). …
- Begin the comment with — (two hyphens). Proceed with the text of the comment. This text cannot extend to a new line.
How do I comment all lines in SQL?
To comment or uncomment multiple lines in the web interface > SQL Worksheet:
- Highlight multiple lines in the Worksheet. Begin ; …
- Press CMD + / (Mac) or CTRL + / (Windows). The highlighted lines are commented out. …
- Press CMD + / (Mac) or CTRL + / (Windows) again. The comments are removed from the highlighted lines.
How many types of comments are there in SQL?
It has 2 types: Boolean based SQLI. Time-based SQLI.
Which of the following is single line comment?
The single line comment is //. Everything from the // to the end of the line is a comment. To mark an entire region as a comment, use /* to start the comment and */ to end the comment.
How do I comment in a stored procedure?
To create line comments you just use two dashes “–” in front of the code you want to comment. You can comment out one or multiple lines with this technique. In this example the entire line is commented out.
What is the shortcut for comment in SQL Developer?
Hi, In SQL Developer you can comment a line or a block using “Source -> Toggle Line Comments” (Ctrl-Slash), but it would be nice to have a button that allows you to do it not only for line or block, but also for a part of a line.
What is the shortcut for comment in SQL Server?
The keyboard shortcut to comment text is CTRL + K, CTRL + C. The keyboard shortcut to uncomment text is CTRL + K, CTRL + U.