What is Java Enterprise Technology?
Java EE is actually a collection of technologies and APIs for the Java platform designed to support “Enterprise” Applications which can generally be classed as large-scale, distributed, transactional and highly-available applications designed to support mission-critical business requirements.
What technologies are included in the J2EE platform?
For completeness, however, the full list of technologies that make up J2EE is as follows:
- Java Servlets.
- JavaServer Pages (JSP)
- Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)
- Java Message Service (JMS)
- Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI)
- Java Database Connectivity (JDBC)
- Java Transaction Service (JTS)
What are the three types of J2EE models?
There are three types of enterprise beans: session beans, entity beans, and message-driven beans.
What are the two main types of servlet?
There are two main servlet types, generic and HTTP:
- Generic servlets. Extend javax. servlet. GenericServlet. Are protocol independent. …
- HTTP servlets. Extend javax. servlet. HttpServlet. Have built-in HTTP protocol support and are more useful in a Sun Java System Web Server environment.
What is Java EE full form?
Java EE, i.e. Java Enterprise Edition. This was originally known as Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition or J2EE. The name was eventually changed to Java Platform, Enterprise Edition or Java EE in version 5. Java EE is mainly used for applications which run on servers, such as web sites.
What are the technologies in Java?
Java Web Application Technologies
- Servlet API. The javax. …
- JSP. JavaServer Pages (JSP) technology is used by developers to create web content rapidly, which is platform and server independent. …
- JDBC API. …
- Java Persistence API. …
- JavaServer Faces Technology.