It depends on what’s inside the js (or coffee) files. So, if you never used the js file, meaning the file has the default text added by rails when the file was first generated, than yes, it’s fine to delete.
Do I need to keep .js files?
For development you should keep them separate. For production using build tool join them so there is only one http request for entire js file can be a solution. All js are used on all page? It’s usually better to only load what you need.
What are js files on my Mac?
Edit: To answer further No, there are no limits on the number of files, but most browsers can only have 2 connections (for a site) to a web server at any one time and thus will load your js 2 files at a time.
Can I delete JS download files?
How do I clear my history?
Clear your history
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click History. History.
- On the left, click Clear browsing data. …
- From the drop-down menu, select how much history you want to delete. …
- Check the boxes for the info you want Chrome to clear, including “browsing history.” …
- Click Clear data.
There are two ways, with best practices for each:
- Make JS load faster in the browser. Reduce how much JS you use to build your page. Minify all JS resources, and use minified third-party JS. …
- Only load JS when it’s needed. Eliminate dead JS code. Split JS files to deliver essential components.
- Performance (due to browser caching)
- Reuse – you can include a source file in multiple locations/projects without duplicating code.
Why do we have to separate the JS file from HTML?