How do I get the latest record in SQL?
But there are ways to get the last record in MySql, SQL Server, Oracle etc. databases.
- SELECT column_name FROM table_name.
- ORDER BY column_name DESC.
- WHERE ROWNUM <=1;
How do I find recently updated rows in SQL Server?
If there is a DateModified column, or something like that, and you want the 10 most recent rows (for example) you could use a query like: SELECT Top 10 * FROM myTable ORDER BY DateModified DESC; You don’t specify the flavor of SQL, so that query might be somewhat different if you’re in Oracle, SQL Server, or MS Access.
How do I get last 3 records in SQL?
SELECT * FROM (select * from suppliers ORDER BY supplier_name DESC) suppliers2 WHERE rownum <= 3 ORDER BY rownum DESC; Notice that although you want the last 3 records sorted by supplier_name in ascending order, you actually sort the supplier_name in descending order in this solution.
How do I get last 10 rows in SQL?
The following is the syntax to get the last 10 records from the table. Here, we have used LIMIT clause. SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM yourTableName ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10 )Var1 ORDER BY id ASC; Let us now implement the above query.
How do you check if a row has been updated in SQL?
the values in the update statement and either apply the update or not. You could use the Columns_Updated() function in the trigger to see if anything had been updated, and proceed accordingly.
How do you check who inserted record in SQL Server?
Determine Last Inserted Record in SQL Server
- SELECT @@IDENTITY. It returns the last IDENTITY value produced on a connection, regardless of the table that produced the value and of the scope of the statement that produced the value. …
- SELECT SCOPE_IDENTITY() …
- SELECT IDENT_CURRENT(‘TableName’)
How do I get the latest datetime in SQL?
- select t.username, t.date, t.value.
- from MyTable t.
- inner join (
- select username, max(date) as MaxDate.
- from MyTable.
- group by username.
- ) tm on t.username = tm.username and t.date = tm.MaxDate.
How do I get last two records in SQL?
To select last two rows, use ORDER BY DESC LIMIT 2.
What is offset in SQL query?
SQL | OFFSET-FETCH Clause
- The OFFSET argument is used to identify the starting point to return rows from a result set. Basically, it exclude the first set of records. Note:
- The FETCH argument is used to return a set of number of rows. FETCH can’t be used itself, it is used in conjuction with OFFSET. Syntax: