How do I install a specific version of PHP?
- Log into your server via SSH.
- Make sure you’re in your user’s home directory by running the following command: [server]$ cd ~
- In a browser, visit the following link to choose your desired version of PHP. …
- Click the . …
- Make sure to check your downloaded file’s checksum. …
- Decompress the file:
How do I choose PHP version?
Click the cPanel button under the “Quick Server Login” section in your dashboard. In the “SOFTWARE” section, click the “Select PHP Version” link or icon. Select the version you wish to use. By default, the latest stable version (called the “native” version) will be selected and is already active.
How do I install the latest version of PHP?
How to Install PHP
- Step 1: Download the PHP files. You’ll need the PHP Windows installer. …
- Step 2: Extract the files. …
- Step 3: Configure php. …
- Step 4: Add C:php to the path environment variable. …
- Step 5: Configure PHP as an Apache module. …
- Step 6: Test a PHP file.
How do I manage PHP versions?
Change the PHP Version on Your Sites
- Login to cPanel.
- Click the MultiPHP Manager link in the Software section of cPanel.
- Check the box for the site or sites you wish to update.
- Select the desired PHP Version from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Apply button.
What is the current PHP version?
|Designed by||Rasmus Lerdorf|
|Developer||The PHP Development Team, Zend Technologies|
|First appeared||June 8, 1995|
|Stable release||8.0.12 / 21 October 2021|
How do I know my Dreamhost PHP version?
When you run the command php -v in a shell terminal when logged into your server, the output displays the current default version used. If you wish to use a different PHP version in the Shell, you’ll need to specify the full file path. These are the current versions you can use via SSH.
How can I update my PHP version?
Updating PHP Version
- Locate the Software section, then click on the MultiPHP Manager icon.
- Select the version of PHP you would like to use; 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, or 7.3.
- Click Save Changes or Apply to finish the update.
Can you run two versions of PHP?
Together, you can use Apache and PHP-FPM to host multiple PHP web-applications, each using a different version of PHP, all on the same server, and all at the same time.
Can you install multiple versions of PHP?
To install multiple versions of PHP, the first step is to install the software-properties-common package. Next, we need to add the PPA repository by Ondřej Surý which contains multiple versions of PHP. At the prompt, Press [ENTER] to continue. From the screenshot below, all four versions have been installed.
How can I run multiple PHP versions in Windows?
Windows Command Line – Multiple PHP Versions
- On practical side, you can go to PHPX directory and use php.exe directly. …
- That is what I’ve been doing, but it’s excessive to have to navigate to that directory, and type out the full path of the php script that I need to run. …
- Post to serverfault.com.
How do I know if PHP is installed?
Make sure the Web server is running, open a browser and type http://SERVER-IP/phptest.php. You should then see a screen showing detailed information about the PHP version you are using and installed modules.
How do I enable PHP?
Configure Apache to Serve PHP Pages from a User Directory.
- Step 1: Edit the PHP configuration file. sudo gedit /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.conf. …
- Step 2: Save changes, and exit emacs. control-x, control-s.
- Step 3: Restart Apache, and you are done. sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart.
Is PHP a dead language?