How do I run index HTML files?
Configuring Chrome to open the Doc/Index. html file
- In Windows, go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run. …
- In the Run dialog box, click Browse. …
- In the Browse dialog box, navigate to the Google directory, select the Chrome application and then click Open.
How do I serve HTML files in node JS?
You can use Connect and ServeStatic with Node.js for this:
- Install connect and serve-static with NPM $ npm install connect serve-static.
- Create server.js file with this content: var connect = require(‘connect’); var serveStatic = require(‘serve-static’); connect() . …
- Run with Node.js $ node server.
Can you use HTML with node js?
Fetching The HTML File on our File System
js script is to require the file system module in Node. js. … writeHead() method, notice that we change the content type from ‘text/plain’ to ‘text/html’.
Why do you have to root to create an index html file?
The requirement that it locates directly in the root folder, is also by convention. A web server author can just as easily write the server in such a way that when user requests / , instead of simply serving an index. html from the root folder, it searches the entire folder recursively and find the first index.
How do I read a node JS HTML file?
“read html file in node js” Code Answer
- const http = require(“http”);
- //use fs module at first to read file.
- const fs = require(“fs”);
- const hostname = “127.0.0.1”;
- const port = 3000;
- // simple code to read file using fs module.
- const files = fs. readFileSync(“new.html”);
What is an index HTML file?
The default file name for a website’s home page (INDEX. HTM is also used). Appropriately named, the home page serves as an index to the main pages on the site, each of which can link to any number of other pages and so on.
How do I start node JS web server?
NodeJS – Setup a Simple HTTP Server / Local Web Server
- Download and Install NodeJS. …
- Install the http-server package from npm. …
- Start a web server from a directory containing static website files. …
- Browse to your local website with a browser.
CAN node JS run in a browser?
How do I convert HTML to EJS?
Converting Static Pages to EJS Files
In the root directory of your website, create a folder called views and inside that folder create two sub-folders called pages and partials. Move all your HTML files into the pages sub-folder and rename the . html file extensions to . ejs.