Which are the formatting & Printing string functions available in PHP?
For complex formatting, the sprintf( ) or printf( ) functions are useful: string sprintf (string format [, mixed args…]) integer printf (string format [, mixed args…])
What are formatting strings in PHP?
- An optional padding specifier that indicates which character should be used to pad the results to the correct string size. …
- An optional alignment specifier that indicates whether the results should be left- justified or right-justified.
What is printing string in PHP?
The printf() function builds a formatted string by inserting values into a template. … The print_r() function is useful for debugging—it prints the contents of arrays, objects, and other things, in a more-or-less human-readable form.
What are the string formatting methods?
Formatting with format() string method.
The type can be used with format codes:
- ‘d’ for integers.
- ‘f’ for floating-point numbers.
- ‘b’ for binary numbers.
- ‘o’ for octal numbers.
- ‘x’ for octal hexadecimal numbers.
- ‘s’ for string.
- ‘e’ for floating-point in an exponent format.
Is printf used in PHP?
PHP string printf() Function. PHP string printf() function predefined functions. It is used to output a formatted string. We can pass the arg1, arg2, arg++ parameters at percent (%) signs in the main string.
What is printf () in C?
1. printf() function in C language: In C programming language, printf() function is used to print the (“character, string, float, integer, octal and hexadecimal values”) onto the output screen. We use printf() function with %d format specifier to display the value of an integer variable.
Why sprintf is used in PHP?
Using sprintf() is much cleaner and safer to format your string. For example when you’re dealing with input variables, it prevents unexpected surprises by specifying the expected format in advance (for instance, that you’re expecting string [ %s ] or the number [ %d ]).
What is difference between printf () and sprintf () in PHP?
Difference between sprintf() and printf() function in PHP
The common difference between sprintf() and printf() function is that sprintf() function display the text with the help of echo, whereas printf() function does not need the echo to display the text.
What are the format specifiers in PHP?
|H||Like the g specifier but uses E and F . Available as of PHP 8.0.0.|
|o||The argument is treated as an integer and presented as an octal number.|
|s||The argument is treated and presented as a string.|
|u||The argument is treated as an integer and presented as an unsigned decimal number.|
What is PHP call function?
A PHP function provides code that a PHP script can call to perform a task, such as Count(), file_get_contents(), and header(). The PHP language supports both procedural and object-oriented programming paradigms.
Can you console log in PHP?
What is difference between ECHO and Print_r in PHP?
print_r prints human-readable information about a variable, while echo is used only for strings. Echo just gives the value, print_r gives more information about the variable itself, such as the type of data and the elements in the array, if applicable.