What is a block in PL SQL?
The basic program unit in PL/SQL is the block. A PL/SQL block is defined by the keywords DECLARE , BEGIN , EXCEPTION , and END . These keywords partition the block into a declarative part, an executable part, and an exception-handling part.
How do you write a query in PL SQL?
PL/SQL SELECT INTO examples
- First, declare a variable l_customer_name whose data type anchors to the name columns of the customers table. …
- Second, use the SELECT INTO statement to select value from the name column and assign it to the l_customer_name variable.
- Third, show the customer name using the dbms_output.
Is keyword in PL SQL?
Question: What is the difference between ‘IS’ and ‘AS’ in PL/SQL? Answer: The PL/SQL language evolved such the the “IS” and “AS” operators are equivalent. Functionally the “IS” and “AS” syntax performs identical functions and can be used interchangeably.
What are the basic elements of PL SQL?
2 Basic Elements of Oracle SQL
- Literals. Text. Integer. Number.
- Format Models.
- Database Objects.
- Schema Object Names and Qualifiers.
What is PL SQL explain with example?
PL/SQL is basically a procedural language, which provides the functionality of decision making, iteration and many more features of procedural programming languages.
|Execute as a single statement.||Execute as a whole block.|
|Mainly used to manipulate data.||Mainly used to create an application.|
Which identifier is valid in PL SQL?
You can use uppercase, lowercase, or mixed case to write identifiers. PL/SQL is not case-sensitive except within string and character literals. Every character, including dollar signs, underscores, and number signs, is significant.