How do you square a number in Java?
Squaring a number in Java can be accomplished in two ways. One is by multiplying the number by itself. The other is by using the Math. pow() function, which takes two parameters: the number being modified and the power by which you’re raising it.
How do you write a program to find the square root of a number in Java?
- Define value n to find the square root of.
- Define variable i and set it to 1. ( For integer part)
- Define variable p and set it to 0.00001. ( …
- While i*i is less than n, increment i.
- Step 4 should produce the integer part so far.
- While i*i is less than n, add p to i.
- Now i have the square root value of n.
How do you write a program to find the square root of a number?
- Let N be the number whose square root we need to calculate.
- Initialize start = 0 and end = N.
- Repeat the following steps while (end – start) > 0.00001 (it defines the precision) Set mid = (start+end)/2. If mid*mid = N, then set end = mid.
- The final answer is stored in mid.
How do you square two numbers in Java?
This is how you square a number by multiplying it by itself: int i = 2; int square = i * i; In this example if you print the value of square , it will be 4.
How do you cast type in Java?
In Java, there are two types of casting:
- Widening Casting (automatically) – converting a smaller type to a larger type size. byte -> short -> char -> int -> long -> float -> double.
- Narrowing Casting (manually) – converting a larger type to a smaller size type. double -> float -> long -> int -> char -> short -> byte.
What is NaN in Java?
“NaN” stands for “not a number”. “Nan” is produced if a floating point operation has some input parameters that cause the operation to produce some undefined result. For example, 0.0 divided by 0.0 is arithmetically undefined. Finding out the square root of a negative number too is undefined.
How do you use the square root function?
SQRT is similar to the POWER function. However, the POWER function works like an exponent in a standard math equation. For example, for the number 25, we will provide the formula =SQRT(25) and =POWER( 25, 1/2).
What is square function in Python?
A square is a number multiplied by itself. Python has three ways to square numbers. The first is the exponent or power ( ** ) operator, which can raise a value to the power of 2. We can calculate a square in the same way with the built-in pow() function.
How do you program the area of a rectangle?
- int main()
- int width=5;
- int height=10;
- int area=width*height;
- printf(“Area of the rectangle=%d”,area);