How do I run a package in Oracle SQL Developer?
After couple of tries, I found an easy way to execute the stored procedure from sql developer itself.
- Under packages, select your desired package and right click on the package name (not on the stored procedure name).
- You will find option to run. Select that and supply the required arguments.
How do I import and export SQL to SQL Developer?
Importing Delimited Device Files into an Oracle Database using Oracle SQL Developer
- Connect to your schema and right-click on Tables. …
- Check Header. …
- Choose Insert for your Import Method. …
- Select the columns you wish to import.
How do I import a CSV file into Oracle SQL Developer?
Load CSV data file using SQL Developer
- Right-click on the target table you want to load CSV data into and click Import Data.
- Browse to and choose the CSV file you want to upload. …
- Again, I lean on the defaults. …
- In this step you map out the field headers you want to import from, optionally ordering them in a certain order.
How do I run a package in SQL?
Running PL/SQL routines and packages
- In either the Data Source Explorer or the Data Project Explorer, right-click the PL/SQL package or routine that you want to run, and click Run. …
- View the results that correspond to the run action in the SQL Results view.
What is difference between stored procedure and function?
The function must return a value but in Stored Procedure it is optional. Even a procedure can return zero or n values. Functions can have only input parameters for it whereas Procedures can have input or output parameters. Functions can be called from Procedure whereas Procedures cannot be called from a Function.
How do I import a large file into SQL Developer?
How to Import from Excel to Oracle with SQL Developer
- Step 0: The Empty Oracle Table and your Excel File. …
- Step 1: Mouse-right click – Import Data.
- Step 2: Select your input (XLSX) file and verify the data. …
- Step 3: Create a script or import automatically. …
- Step 4: Select the Excel Columns to be Imported.
What Cannot have a trigger associated with it?
Since triggers execute as part of a transaction, the following statements are not allowed in a trigger: All create commands, including create database, create table, create index, create procedure, create default, create rule, create trigger, and create view. All drop commands. alter table and alter database.
How do I export a table from SQL Developer?
Example: Exporting Metadata and Data for a Table
- In SQL Developer, click Tools, then Database Export. …
- Accept the default values for the Source/Destination page options, except as follows: …
- Click Next.
- On the Types to Export page, deselect Toggle All, then select only Tables (because you only want to export a table).
How do I import a CSV file into Oracle?
Import CSV file into Oracle table tips
- Define the empty table. (create table . . . . )
- Select the table in the navigation tree.
- Right click and select ‘import data’.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard.
What is Utl_file in Oracle with example?
UTL_FILE I/O capabilities are similar to standard operating system stream file I/O ( OPEN , GET , PUT , CLOSE ) capabilities, but with some limitations. For example, you call the FOPEN function to return a file handle, which you use in subsequent calls to GET_LINE or PUT to perform stream I/O to a file.