How do you write a comment in Java?
Adding Comments to Java Code
- Traditional comments: The first five lines of the listing form one traditional comment. The comment begins with /* and ends with */. …
- End-of-line comments: The text //I? …
- Javadoc comments: A javadoc comment begins with a slash and two asterisks (/**).
How do you comment out code in Java?
To comment a line:
- Place the cursor anywhere on the required line of code.
- Press Ctrl + / Two slashes “//” will be added to the front of the line, causing it to be recognized as a comment.
What is /* in Java?
/** and /* in Java comments
Java supports single-line and multi-line comments very similar to C and C++. … /** is known as documentation comments. It is used by Javadoc tool while creating the documentation for the program code. /* is used for multi-line comments.
What are comments in Java in a programs?
Comments in Java are the statements that are not executed by the compiler and interpreter. It can be used to provide information or explanation about the variable, method, class or any statement. It can also be used to hide program code for a specific time.
What are the two types of comments?
Using Two Types of Comments
- Marginal comments.
- End comments.
What are the different kinds of comments?
In Java there are three types of comments:
- Single – line comments.
- Multi – line comments.
- Documentation comments.
How do I comment out code?
Commenting out code
- In the C/C++ editor, select the line(s) of code that you want to comment out. If no lines are selected comments will be added (or removed) at the current cursor position.
- Right-click and select Source > Toggle Comment. ( CTRL+/ )
What is the shortcut to comment out code?
If you select a block of code and use the key sequence Ctrl+K+C, you’ll comment out the section of code. Ctrl+K+U will uncomment the code.
Is Python same as Java?
Java is a statically typed and compiled language, and Python is a dynamically typed and interpreted language. This single difference makes Java faster at runtime and easier to debug, but Python is easier to use and easier to read.
How do you write a long comment in Java?
Multi line comments in Java start with /* and end with */. You can comment multiple lines just by placing them between /* and */.