How do you create a loop in MySQL query?
The MySQL LOOP statement could be used to run a block of code or set of statements, again and again, depends on the condition.
- Syntax : [labelname:] LOOP statements END LOOP [labelname]
- Parameters – …
- Example-1 : …
- Output – 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
How do you loop a SQL query?
- The initial step is executed first, and only once. This step allows you to declare and initialize any loop control variables.
- Next, the condition, i.e., initial_value .. …
- After the body of the for loop executes, the value of the counter variable is increased or decreased.
- The condition is now evaluated again.
Can you loop in MySQL?
Introduction to MySQL LOOP statement
The LOOP statement allows you to execute one or more statements repeatedly. The LOOP can have optional labels at the beginning and end of the block. The LOOP executes the statement_list repeatedly.
How do you write a while loop in MySQL?
MySQL WHILE Loop
- Syntax : [label_name:] WHILE condition DO statements_list END WHILE [label_name]
- Syntax label meaning –
- Block diagram of While loop : Block diagram of WHILE loop.
- Example-1 : Lets us create a function using a while loop. …
- Analysis – …
- Output – 0, 10000, 20000, 30000.
- Example-2 : …
- Analysis –
What is procedure in MySQL?
A procedure is a subroutine (like a subprogram) in a regular scripting language, stored in a database. In the case of MySQL, procedures are written in MySQL and stored in the MySQL database/server. A MySQL procedure has a name, a parameter list, and SQL statement(s).
Do statements MySQL?
DO executes the expressions but does not return any results. In most respects, DO is shorthand for SELECT expr , … , but has the advantage that it is slightly faster when you do not care about the result. DO is useful primarily with functions that have side effects, such as RELEASE_LOCK() .
Can I do a for loop in SQL?
There is no FOR in SQL, But you can use WHILE or GOTO to achieve the way how the FOR will work. I always prefer WHILE over GOTO statement. For loop is not officially supported yet by SQL server.
Can I use for loop in SQL?
FOR statements are a special type of looping statement, because they are used to iterate over rows in a defined read-only result set. The for-loop-name can be used to qualify the column names in the result set as returned by the select-statement. …
Can you write a loop in SQL?
In programming, a loop allows you to write a set of code that will run repeatedly within the same program. Many programming languages have several different types of loop to choose from, but in SQL Server there is only one: the WHILE loop.
How do you end a while loop in MySQL?
Using LEAVE statement in loops
The general syntax for the LEAVE statement when using in the LOOP , REPEAT and WHILE statements. The LEAVE causes the current loop specified by the label to be terminated. If a loop is enclosed within another loop, you can break out of both loops with a single LEAVE statement.