How do I backup and restore MySQL?
Step 1: Create a MySQL Database Backup
- Open phpMyAdmin. On the directory tree on the left, click the database you want to back up. …
- Click Export on the menu across the top of the display. You’ll see a section called “Export Method.” Use Quick to save a copy of the whole database. …
- Click Go.
How do I backup my entire MySQL database?
Backup using MySQL Workbench
- Go to the Administration tab, on the Navigation panel (on the left by default)
- Select Data Export.
- From the Data Export tab in the Tables To Export section, select the databases and tables that will be added to the backup file.
How do I restore my workbench connection?
Configuring MySQL Workbench to Restore (Import) Your Database. Click the box for the database connection that you just set up. Click the “Data Import/Restore” link. For this tutorial, we’re assuming you are restoring a “Self-Contained File” backup.
How many types of backup are there in MySQL?
There are two backup types: physical and logical. Physical (Percona XtraBackup, RDS/LVM Snapshots, MySQL Enterprise Backup), and also you can use cp or rsync command lines to copy the datadir as long as mysql is down/stopped.
How do I restore a MySQL database?
Restore a MySQL Database from backed up Program Files
- Stop MySQL Service. This is required in order to add to the data folders.
- Copy database folder into new MySQLdata folder. …
- Restart MySQL Service. …
- Check & Repair all database tables. …
- Backup & Restore to new production server.
How do I restore a MySQL database from a BAK file?
Just follow the instructions:
- Connect to your SQL Server and right-click on the “Databases” directory and choose “Restore Database”
- Click the button beneath the “Source” section next to “Device”
- In the “Select backup device” press “Add”
- Select the backup file or files (.bak) you are going to restore, then click “OK”
How do I restore a .MYD file in MySQL?
Install XAMPP, create the new empty database with the same name, copy these files into the database folder (frm,myd, ibdata…). Then start PhpMyAdmin on localhost, list database and export dump file. And import on live server. Simply works like a charm.
How do I convert a BAK file to SQL?
A . bak can’t be converted to SQL directly — it contains a backup of a database which does not have a clear relationship to SQL. You could restore the backup and then use SQL Server tools and then use that to make some SQL to recreate the SQL server objects but not the dat.
How do I export a MySQL database?
- Connect to your database using phpMyAdmin.
- From the left-side, select your database.
- Click the Export tab at the top of the panel.
- Select the Custom option.
- You can select the file format for your database. …
- Click Select All in the Export box to choose to export all tables.
How do I dump a MySQL database?
To dump/export a MySQL database, execute the following command in the Windows command prompt: mysqldump -u username -p dbname > filename. sql . After entering that command you will be prompted for your password.
How do I backup MySQL database using command line?
Back up the database using the following command:
- mysqldump -u [username] –p[password] [database_name] > [dump_file.sql]
- [username] – A valid MySQL username.
- [password] – A valid MySQL password for the user.
- [database_name] – A valid Database name you want to take backup.
How do I restore a database in SQL Workbench?
Restore your database from a previous backup
- Click Manage Import / Export under Server Administration on the right of the Workbench window. …
- Select your database and click OK.
- Enter your database password if prompted.
- Select the Import from Disk tab.
How do I import and export a database in MySQL workbench?
- Connect to your MySQL database.
- Click Server on the main tool bar.
- Select Data Export.
- Select the tables you want to back up.
- Under Export Options, select where you want your dump saved. …
- Click Start Export. …
- You now have a backup version of your site.
Where are MySQL workbench connections stored?
On Windows, connection profiles are stored in C:Documents and Settings UserName Application DataMySQL directory, where UserName is the name of the current Windows user.