How do I comment out a block of code in SQL?
To comment out or uncomment SQL code in the SQL and XQuery editor:
- Select the SQL code that you want to comment out or uncomment. For a single line, click anywhere in the line of code. For multiple lines, drag the pointer through the lines of code.
- Right-click the selected SQL code, and then select Toggle Comment.
How do you comment out a view in SQL?
Use the COMMENT statement to add a comment about a table, view, materialized view, or column into the data dictionary. To drop a comment from the database, set it to the empty string ‘ ‘.
How do I comment a large section in SQL?
Comments can be inserted on a separate line or within a Transact-SQL statement. Multiple-line comments must be indicated by /* and */. A stylistic convention often used for multiple-line comments is to begin the first line with /*, subsequent lines with **, and end with */. There is no maximum length for comments.
How do you highlight and comment in SQL?
To comment or uncomment multiple lines in the web interface > SQL Worksheet:
- Highlight multiple lines in the Worksheet. Begin ; …
- Press CMD + / (Mac) or CTRL + / (Windows). The highlighted lines are commented out. …
- Press CMD + / (Mac) or CTRL + / (Windows) again. The comments are removed from the highlighted lines.
How do I comment in SQL code?
Comments Within SQL Statements
- Begin the comment with a slash and an asterisk (/*). Proceed with the text of the comment. This text can span multiple lines. …
- Begin the comment with — (two hyphens). Proceed with the text of the comment. This text cannot extend to a new line.
How do I comment multiple lines in SQL Developer?
6 Answers. In SQL Developer, I highlight all lines of PL/SQL that I want commented and use Ctrl + / . Obviously, you would like a way to comment and uncomment multiple lines quickly. This will put — in front of each line you have highlighted.
How do I comment in a stored procedure?
To create line comments you just use two dashes “–” in front of the code you want to comment. You can comment out one or multiple lines with this technique. In this example the entire line is commented out.
What is the shortcut for comment in SQL Developer?
Hi, In SQL Developer you can comment a line or a block using “Source -> Toggle Line Comments” (Ctrl-Slash), but it would be nice to have a button that allows you to do it not only for line or block, but also for a part of a line.
What are SQL comments?
SQL Comments are used to explain the sections of the SQL statements, and used to prevent the statements of SQL. In many programming languages, comments matter a lot. A Microsoft Access database does not support the comments. So, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge use the Microsoft Access database in the examples.
How do I comment in Rapid SQL?
To comment out code
Select the block of code you want to comment out and then select Edit > Comment Out.
Why use full join in SQL?
SQL full outer join is used to combine the result of both left and right outer join and returns all rows (don’t care its matched or unmatched) from the both participating tables.
How do you block out in SQL?
2) Block comments
Block comments start with a forward-slash and asterisk (/*) and ends with an asterisk and forward-slash (*/). Everything between forward-slash and asterisk (/*) and ends with an asterisk and forward-slash (*/) is considered as comments.