How do I enable Sqlserver agent?
Enabling SQL Server Agent service
- To start this process on your SQL Server, launch SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Right-click the SQL Server Agent service and click Properties.
- On the Properties Window, select an appropriate account. …
- Change the Start Mode to Automatic and then click OK to close the window.
How do I automatically start SQL Server Agent?
Using SQL Server Management Studio
- In Object Explorer, click the plus sign to expand the server where you want to configure SQL Server Agent to automatically restart.
- Right-click SQL Server Agent, and then click Properties.
- On the General page, check Auto restart SQL Server Agent if it stops unexpectedly.
What is log reader agent on SQL Server?
The Replication Log Reader Agent is an executable that monitors the transaction log of each database configured for transactional replication and copies the transactions marked for replication from the transaction log into the distribution database.
How do I enable replication agents for logging to output files in SQL Server?
Log Reader Agent logging
- In the Agent Properties window select STEPS, Run Agent, then click EDIT.
- At the end of the Command window add the –output parameter. …
- Now start the Agent via Replication Monitor or SQL Server Management Studio. …
- Then in the DETAILS pop-up select Action, the Job Properties.
How do I start my own server agent?
To start, stop, or restart the SQL Server Agent Service
- In Object Explorer, click the plus sign to expand the server where you want to manage SQL Server Agent Service.
- Right-click SQL Server Agent, and then select either Start, Stop, or Restart.
- In the User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.
Why does SQL Server Agent stop automatically?
Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs. STEPS: … Launch the SQL Server Configuration Manager via Start –> All Programs –> Microsoft SQL Server –> Configuration Tools –> SQL Server Configuration Manager (or click Start –> type “SQLServerManager11.
How do I grant access to SQL Agent?
Using SQL Server Management Studio
- In Object Explorer, expand a server.
- Expand Security, and then expand Logins.
- Right-click the login you wish to add to a SQL Server Agent fixed database role, and select Properties.
- On the User Mapping page of the Login Properties dialog box, select the row containing msdb.
What is the SQL Server Agent service used for?
SQL Server Agent uses SQL Server to store job information. Jobs contain one or more job steps. Each step contains its own task, for example, backing up a database. SQL Server Agent can run a job on a schedule, in response to a specific event, or on demand.
How do I start a log reader agent?
To start and stop a Snapshot Agent, Log Reader Agent, or Queue Reader Agent from Replication Monitor
- Expand a Publisher group in the left pane, expand a Publisher, and then click a publication.
- Click the Agents tab.
- Right-click an agent, and then click Start Agent or Stop Agent.
What is a log reader?
The Log Reader Agent is responsible for moving transactions marked for replication from the transaction log of the published database to the distribution database. Each database published using transactional replication has its own Log Reader Agent that runs on the distribution server.
How do I enable database?
Using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- On the Publication Databases page of the Publisher Properties – <Publisher> dialog box, select the Transactional and/or Merge check box for each database you want to replicate. Select Transactional to enable the database for snapshot replication.
- Click OK.