What is a text area in Java?
A TextArea object is a multi-line region that displays text. It can be set to allow editing or to be read-only.
How do you add a text area to a swing?
To create a text area in Swing, you use JTextArea class. The JTextArea class uses PlainDocument model, therefore, it cannot display multiple fonts. The display area of the JTextArea is controlled by its rows and columns properties. We often use JTextArea with scroll pane to add horizontal and vertical scrollbars.
How do I add text to JTextArea?
To append text to the end of the JTextArea document we can use the append(String str) method. This method does nothing if the document is null or the string is null or empty.
How do I use JTextField?
To use a JTextField for Input
- Declare a JTextField as an instance variable. Reason: If it’s an instance variable, it can be seen in all methods in the class.
- Assign an initial value to this variable by calling the JTextField constructor. …
- Add the text field to a container. …
- Input is done by calling the getText() .
What is the use of this keyword?
The this keyword refers to the current object in a method or constructor. The most common use of the this keyword is to eliminate the confusion between class attributes and parameters with the same name (because a class attribute is shadowed by a method or constructor parameter).
How do you write text in a new line inside a text area?
Try the following: <textarea>A <a href=’x’>link</a>.
I think you are confusing the syntax of different languages.
- is (the HtmlEncoded value of ASCII 10 or) the linefeed character literal in a HTML string. …
- <br/> is a line break in HTML.
How do I add text area?
The following code creates and initializes the text area: textArea = new JTextArea(5, 20); JScrollPane scrollPane = new JScrollPane(textArea); textArea.setEditable(false);
The Text Area API.
|void insert(String, int)||Inserts the specified text at the specified position.|
What’s the difference between JTextPane and JTextArea?
JTextArea comes with specific functions; one of these prevents it from wrapping text whenever the text is put in. … JTextPane on the other hand comes with the wrap text feature. This helps in creating boundaries within the text field.
How do I make a JTextArea not editable?
In order to create a non editable JTextField , all you have to do is:
- Create a class that extends JFrame .
- Create a new JTextField .
- Use setEditable(false) that sets the specified boolean to indicate whether or not this textfield should be editable.
- Use add to add the field to the frame.
What is JTextPane?
A JTextPane is a subclass of JEditorPane. A JTextPane is used for a styled document with embedded images and components. A JTextPane is a text component that can be marked up with the attributes that are represented graphically and it can use a DefaultStyledDocument as the default model.