How do I export a SQL database from the command line?
- Log into your server via SSH.
- Use the command cd to navigate to a directory where your user has write access. …
- Export the database by executing the following command: mysqldump –add-drop-table -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` dbname > dbname.sql. …
- You can now download the resulting SQL file.
Which command line tool do you use for the actual data import after creating the database?
Importing from and Exporting to Files Using the MySQL Command Line
- $ mysqldump -u my_username -p database_name > output_file_path.
- $ mysqldump -u book_admin -p books > ~/backup/database/books. sql Enter password:
- $ mysqlimport -u book_admin -p books_production ~/backup/database/books. sql Enter password:
How do I run a SQL script from the command line?
Run the script file
- Open a command prompt window.
- In the Command Prompt window, type: sqlcmd -S myServerinstanceName -i C:myScript.sql.
- Press ENTER.
How do I run MySQL from command line?
Open the mysql command line tool:
- In the Windows Command Prompt, run the command: mysql -u userName -p.
- Enter your password when prompted.
Which is a valid command to export a table’s data into a text file?
The simplest way of exporting a table data into a text file is by using the SELECT… INTO OUTFILE statement that exports a query result directly into a file on the server host.
What is MySQL Perror command-line utility?
perror is a command-line utility that is included with MySQL distributions. The purpose of the perror program is to show you information about the error codes used by MySQL when operating system-level errors occur.
How do I insert data into a mysql database from a text file?
txt into the pet table, use this statement:
- mysql> LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE ‘/path/pet. txt’ INTO TABLE pet; …
- mysql> LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE ‘/path/pet. txt’ INTO TABLE pet LINES TERMINATED BY ‘rn’; …
- mysql> INSERT INTO pet VALUES (‘Puffball’,’Diane’,’hamster’,’f’,’1999-03-30′,NULL);
How do I convert a text file to SQL?
Want to convert Txt file to SQL file? Using DataFileConverter, you can convert Txt file to Sql file easily and fast, no need to program, just a few mouse clicks! Please download and install DataFileConverter.
Convert Txt file to Sql file
- Select source/destination file type.
- Open a file.
- Config destination file.
How do I import a CSV file into SQL?
Import CSV file into SQL server using SQL server management Studio
- Step 1: Select database, right-click on it -> “Tasks”->Select “Import flat file” …
- Step 2: Browse file and give table name. …
- Step 3: Preview data before saving it. …
- Step 4: Check Data-type and map it properly, to successfully import csv.