How do I backup a MySQL database?
Backup using MySQL Workbench
- Go to the Administration tab, on the Navigation panel (on the left by default)
- Select Data Export.
- From the Data Export tab in the Tables To Export section, select the databases and tables that will be added to the backup file.
How do I backup MySQL database in Ubuntu?
Backup MySQL Database on Linux/Ubuntu
MySQL provides a command-line utility, mysqldump, that can be utilized to create backups by exporting databases as raw SQL files. You can run the command manually every day or install an automation script, like automysql backup, that will do it for you on a daily basis.
How take MySQL database backup and restore in Linux?
To restore the data to a fresh MySQL database from the command line, follow these steps:
- Ensure that the MySQL server is running.
- Open a new Linux terminal.
- Use the mysql client to create a new, empty database to hold your data. …
- Use the mysql client to import the contents of the backup file into the new database.
How do I automatically backup MySQL database?
How to Automate MySQL Database Backups in Linux
- Create a database backup.
- Zip the backup.
- Encrypt the compressed file.
- Send the backup to Internet storage using FTP, Dropbox, AWS, Google Drive, etc.
- Receive email notification concerning backup results.
- Create a backup schedule.
- Delete old backups.
How do I export a database from the command line?
- Log into your server via SSH.
- Use the command cd to navigate to a directory where your user has write access. …
- Export the database by executing the following command: mysqldump –add-drop-table -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` dbname > dbname.sql. …
- You can now download the resulting SQL file.
How do I backup and restore MySQL?
Step 1: Create a MySQL Database Backup
- Open phpMyAdmin. On the directory tree on the left, click the database you want to back up. …
- Click Export on the menu across the top of the display. You’ll see a section called “Export Method.” Use Quick to save a copy of the whole database. …
- Click Go.
How do you backup a database?
Right-click the database that you wish to backup, point to Tasks, and then select Back Up…. In the Back Up Database dialog box, the database that you selected appears in the drop-down list (which you can change to any other database on the server).
How do I import a database into MySQL?
How to import a MySQL database
- Log in to cPanel. …
- In the DATABASES section of the cPanel home screen, click phpMyAdmin: …
- In the left pane of the phpMyAdmin page, click the database that you want to import the data into.
- Click the Import tab.
- Under File to Import, click Browse, and then select the dbexport. …
- Click Go.
How do I export just one table in MySQL?
in order to dump a set of one or more tables, shell> mysqldump [options] db_name [tbl_name …] This will export the tableName to the file tableName.